This Official Statistics bulletin presents information on the number of crimes and offences recorded by the police in Scotland during June 2021. It also includes a comparison with the equivalent month of the previous two years.
The police in Scotland recorded 18,946 crimes in June 2021. This was 7% lower than the 20,440 crimes recorded in the same month of 2020 (when pandemic restrictions were in place).
- Non-sexual crimes of violence were 9% higher compared to June 2020
- Sexual crimes were 3% higher compared to June 2020
- Crimes of dishonesty were 8% lower than June 2020
- Fire-raising, vandalism etc. was 7% higher than June 2020
- Other crimes were 18% lower compared to June 2020
- Fewer crimes were recorded by police in 22 (69%) out of 32 local authorities, compared to June 2020